Amel Association International (Amel) is a Lebanese and non-sectarian NGO created in 1979. Amel works through 32 centers, 6 mobile medical units, 2 mobile education units, and 1 mobile protection unit, and for 43 years has supported the poorest regions of Lebanon, from Beirut and its South Suburbs to Mount Lebanon, Bekaa, and South Lebanon. Amel offers accessible services for all in the following fields: food security, health, education, protection, child protection, gender-based violence, livelihood, promotion, protection of human rights, and rural development.
Under the supervision of the Project/Program coordinator and the MHPSS coordinator at Amel, the Mental Health (MH) Officer will follow-up the implementation of the MHPSS activities in the assigned primary healthcare centers (PHCCs). The MH officer should ensure that all aspects of work are undertaken in accordance with Amel’s Policies. As a MH Officer, they are responsible for the field implementation of the MHPSS activities and providing support to teams who will be in direct regular contact with beneficiaries. Activities include the planning and coordination of the mental health program’s schedule in the PHCCs while ensuring patients are enrolled for sessions adequately, with weekly communication and follow-up with beneficiaries of the mental health program and mental health staff team. The role also includes monitoring and follow up of psychiatric referrals when requested by psychiatrists, psychotherapists, and follow-up on referrals, upkeep of administrative documents, filing systems, and financial logs, data entry and reporting.
- Program Implementation:
- Conduct weekly field visits to support the targeted PHCCs as well as to the Amel headquarter (HQ) at least once per week.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the MHPSS staff in targeted PHCC’s as well as at HQ level with the Project/ Program coordinators.
- Supervise and organize the work of MHPSS team in coordination with the PHCC’s head of centers, and Project/Program coordinator.
- Coordinate with the PHCC’s head of center in the preparation and monitoring of MHPSS staff schedules and duties.
- Attend the national mental health working groups.
- Represent Amel in relevant coordination meetings on topics related to MH and PSS and in front of partners concerned with the MHPSS activities.
- Ensure coordination with HQ staff and PHCC’s pharmacists regarding MH medications requests and delivery procedures (purchasing order, delivery notes, medication consumption, reporting, monitoring storage and availability, etc.)
- Provide technical support when needed based on the latest MH guidelines in the PHCCs.
- Monitoring and evaluation/ reporting:
- Follow up on a daily basis the implementation of the MH program in targeted PHCC’s.
- Ensure that MHPSS activities are in line with Amel’s mental health strategy.
- Make sure that all planned activities are in line with project indicators, objectives and timeline.
- Regular coordination with and reporting to the Project/ Program coordinator.
- Provide regular input and suggest solutions to the challenges faced by the program at the PHCC’s level.
- Assist in the development and implementation of M&E tools and mechanisms.
- Evaluate the achievement of targets and objectives.
- Organize regular meetings with PHCCs local communities and stakeholders to assess the MHPSS needs in the catchment areas and document meetings through minutes of meeting.
- Collect and analyze data on a regular basis (daily, weekly and monthly).
- Maintain accurate records/databases.
- Prepare and submit reports as needed including the activity info on a monthly basis.
- Capacity building:
- Assess the training needs of MHPSS staff members.
- Follow up on the implementation of trainings, prepare schedules, ensure the training requirements are set and follow up on the implementation.
- Ensure that all documentation related to trainings
are being filled and properly documented: fill in attendance sheets, pre-posttests, submit training reports.
- Participate in training, supervisions when requested.
EDUCATION DEGREE DETAILS:
- MA or PhD in Psychotherapy, or a degree in Psychiatry;
- Experience in Mental Health activity management;
- Previous NGO experience in a managerial/leadership position;
- Previous experience in supervision of a team of mental health workers is mandatory;
- Familiar with the IASC MHPSS guidelines in emergency settings;
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills;
- Good communication, teamwork skills and ability to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Phenics is mandatory.
Experience: 5 to 10 years
Languages: Arabic language: fluent / English language: fluent
SALARY: 1000-1200 USD(Full time position)
DEADLINE: 12 /1 /2023 (January)