Amel Association International (Amel) is a Lebanese and non-sectarian NGO created in 1979. Amel works through 32 centers, 6 mobile medical units, 2 mobile education units and 1 mobile protection unit, and for more than 40 years has supported the poorest regions of Lebanon, from Beirut and its South Suburbs to Mount Lebanon, Bekaa and South Lebanon. Amel offers accessible services for all in the following fields: food security, health, education, protection, child protection, gender-based violence, livelihood, promotion and protection of human rights, rural development.
Amel Association International is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Amel has a Zero Tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment: Candidates will not be considered for employment with Amel if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS GUIDELINE:
If you are interested to apply for this position, kindly fill out the job application form: LINK
Please note that only shortlisted candidates who applied through the job application form will be contacted.
The MEAL Officer will work under the supervision of the MAKANI project Coordinator, in close collaboration with the Education and Child Protection departments and other relevant colleagues from support and other sectors. The MEAL Officer will be based in Beirut with regular field visits to the project’s sites.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
Program monitoring and evaluation:
- Participate in the regular meetings with the Program Department
- Contribute to the design of the program’s strategy, putting action points as per the prioritization plan
- Identify linkages with other projects/sectors and contribute actively to the internal coordination
- Monitor contextual updates and engage in relevant coordination/information-sharing meetings as required
- Collaborate closely with the Amel’s partners and participate in external meetings if needed
- Collect data from different program to report on sector indicators at national level
- Contribute to national log frames and indicator reporting as needed
- Contribute to project performance reports within the protection department
Program monitoring and evaluation
- Set up monitoring systems and design data collection tools to ensure the quality and accuracy of collected data
- Conduct assessments to determine the impact and outcomes of projects or programs. This may involve designing evaluation frameworks, analyzing data, and preparing evaluation reports.
- Train staff on MEAL procedures and practices to ensure that data is collected and managed effectively.
- Use MEAL results to inform decision-making, improve project design, and contribute to the organization’s learning and adaptive management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data accuracy.
- Strong communication skills to convey complex information clearly.
- Project management skills to coordinate MEAL activities across projects.
- Knowledge of the sector in which the organization operates.
- Problem-solving skills to identify issues and propose solutions.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with data analysis software (e.g., Excel, statistical tools)
- 2 – 3 years’ experience with MEAL tools and methodologies.
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with database management may be beneficial.
Contract Type: Full time
Period of employment: June 2023 – renewable
Application Deadline: 21st of November 2023