Job Title: Health Field Coordinator
Application Submissions Guideline:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Jobs@amel.org mentioning the position in the subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amel Association International is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Amel has a Zero Tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment: Candidates will not be considered for employment with Amel if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
About the Role:
The Health Field Coordinator will be roving between Amel’s PHCCs located in the South ( Tyre, Bazourieh & Khiam) with frequent visits to Amel Association HQ – Musseitbeh. She/He will work in close coordination with the Project Coordinator. She/He will provide technical assistance to the field team and strategic oversight, data managing and reporting on the implementation of the services.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Monitoring the implementation of the project and the Flat Fee Model in the PHCCs
- Monitor and follow-up on the progress of the activities in the two centers, by conducting regular field visits
- Ensuring rational utilization of all services in collaboration with the medical advisor.
- Monitoring the correct implementation of the internal and external referral system.
- Responsible for provision of all related documentation requested as administrative procedures and coordination with the MoPH when needed
- Ensure that the PHCC is fulfilling MoPH reporting requirements: Medication consumption,
shortages reporting, epidemiological surveillance reporting…
- Maintain very close collaboration with the Pharmacists on the smooth implementation of
activities in the pharmacy (such as coordinating the monthly audits)
- Coordinate with the Head of centers to improve the quality of the services provided as per the quality improvement plan of the PHCCs and the accreditation standards
- Ensure smooth implementation of the health education package within the PHCCs in close collaboration with the head of centers and social workers.
- Ensure smooth implementation of the Homecare visits activities.
- In coordination with M&E department, leads health-related assessments of the beneficiaries’ needs, impact survey and technical assessments
- Coordinate with the PHCC staff and organize regular meetings on work follow-up (one meeting per month with all the staff)
- Follow up with the biomedical engineer on a regular basis
- Develop any tool needed for implementing the activities in the centers such as referral tracking tool, malnutrition cases tracking tool, NCD patients tracking tool…)
- Attend meetings with Amel health department and meetings related to work progress under the project
- Develop or review policies and procedures
- Facilitate and conduct field visits with partners when needed
- Participate to trainings identified by the project coordinator and health coordinator
- Attend monthly MoPH meetings and any coordination meetings that are identified by the project coordinator
- Develop and maintain good relationship with local authorities and ensure smooth communication
Logistics, Administration & Human resources
- Ensure the follow-up and the proper use of materials and tools.
- Share the procurement needs of the PHCCs on a quarterly basis with the project coordinator
- Manage the supply of medications and medical supplies to the work site, in collaboration with the Logistics and Pharmacy department
- Assess the training needs of the staff and ensure provision of the trainings
- Provide on-job coaching for the PHCC staff
- Assess with the Head of centers the recruitment needs and ensure that all HR policies and procedures are implemented (performance evaluation, capacity building, etc)
- Coordinate with the field finance officer and the Heads of Centres to ensure proper implementation of procurement guidelines
Reporting & Follow-up
- Submit qualitative, complete, and analytic weekly and monthly sitrep to the project coordinators, as per internal reporting requirements
- Ensure the proper collection and submission of all needed data to the M&E coordinator on a monthly, quarterly and semi-annual basis as per the donor’s requirements
- Share morbidity reports with admin assistant, health coordinator, health program coordinator, and project coordinator on a monthly basis
- Submit Interim reports semi-annually
- Filling-in and submitting the quality checklists on a quarterly basis
- Be a major contributor to any work-related reports and review before submission to the line manager.
- Contribute to the analysis of collected data, and provide feedback to the project coordinator on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis or adhoc.
- Collect all the data concerning the referral system on a monthly basis and share raw data with the M&E coordinator and the health coordinator.
- Share the referral segregation specific to GBV cases with health coordinator on a monthly basis.
- Review monthly reports shared by the social workers in the centers
- Ensure capitalization work within the PHCCs and transfer of lessons learned to the HQ and other PHCC teams.
- Ensure coordination and complementarity with other health projects from AMEL in the area (Mental health, etc.)
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
EDUCATION DEGREE DETAILS:
- Master degree in health-related field preferred in nursing, pharmacist and medical
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience as a coordinator. Previous experience in NGOs or UN agencies is a plus
- Background in public health is appreciated
- Excellent communication, management and diplomacy skills, collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to take initiatives, to work in autonomy and in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- Ability to work under pressure and manage stress
- Literacy in reporting, experience in conducting surveys
- Knowledge of donor’s requirements is a plus
- Excellent computer literacy with demonstrated experience in utilization of databases and
Microsoft Office. Knowledge of Phenics HIS is a must.
- Fluent in English and Arabic both written and spoken
Work Location: South
Period of employment: April 2023 till December 2024
Deadline: March 20, 2023
Salary Scale: 1200$-1500$