About Amel Association International
Amel Association International (Amel) is a Lebanese and non-sectarian NGO created in 1979. Amel works through 32 centers, 6 mobile medical units, 2 mobile education units and 1 protection unit, and for more than 40 years has supported the poorest regions of Lebanon, from Beirut and its South Suburbs to Mount Lebanon, Bekaa and South Lebanon. Amel offers accessible services for all in the following fields: food security, health, education, protection, child protection, gender-based violence, livelihood, promotion and protection of human rights and rural development.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
Please send your CV and Cover Letter mentioning the position in the subject of your email.
- Amel Association International is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Amel has a Zero Tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment: Candidates will not be considered for employment with Amel if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts
CONTACT PERSON EMAIL
The project aims to support a favourable protection environment for refugees and host communities. Through two Community Development Centers (CDCs), Amel will implement community empowerment activities, manage and train Outreach Volunteers (OVs), and build the capacity of refugees and host communities through skills and life skills training. Through the community-based interventions, Amel will ensure that refugees will also have access to timely and accurate information and will be involved in informing UNHCR programme design.
This project also aims to contribute towards prevention of spreading of COVID-19, Cholera, H1N1, and other transmittable diseases and avoiding uncontrolled transmission in the refugee communities through Rapid Response Teams (RRT) and other community outreach activities.
The project also aims to reduce the Gender Based Violence (GBV) related risks and to ensure that GBV survivors have access to timely, safe, and quality services and continuous prevention and risk mitigation interventions. Through a survivor-centred approach, Amel will provide service for GBV survivors or at risk of exposure to GBV, with a focus on women and girls from both the refuge and host communities in the targeted areas. Provided services will include timely and quality case management, cash assistance, psycho-social activities, and awareness-raising activities. The project will be implemented in Haret Hreik, and Ain El Remmaneh and will reach in total 20 000 instances of participation in 2023.
Moreover, safe spaces for women and girls within the CDCs will be supported through life skills, skills building (vocational), learning activities, awareness sessions recreational activities and among other community-based initiatives will be implemented. These services will complement protection activities by increasing the umbrella of protection services; and increase the focus on the marginalized groups who are most affected by the current deterioration of situation and life conditions.
About the Role:
Working under the supervision and guidance of the Monitoring & Evaluation Field Coordinator, the M&E Assistant will be based in Beirut (Haret Hreik or Ain El-Remmaneh centers) within the protection department. The M&E Assistant will work closely with all project staff in the field to implement the protection project, improve program quality through enhanced data entry and management systems.
The Assistant will support the M&E Field Coordinator in managing day-to-day tasks and providing technical support to field teams to ensure effective project implementation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and maintain clean data source documents from field staff.
- Complete necessary data entry and ensure accurate
- Ensure proper filing and storage of M&E documents, including questionnaires, monitoring
reports, datasets, among others.
- Keep the M&E database up-to-date and support program staff prepare periodic high-quality reports if requested.
- Assist program staff during survey and implementation
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Support M&E Field Coordinator in the compilation of Monthly, Quarterly, Biannual, and annual reports by providing timely, accurate, and updated data.
- Support project teams to prepare activity reports and documentation of best practices, lessons learned, assessment reports.
- Process data for use by disaggregating by gender, age, or any additional description as required by end-users.
- Maintain and operate the projects tool and database records
Position Requirements, Qualifications and Skills
- Undergraduate degree Statistics, Computer science or any other relevant field.
- English fluency required (verbal and written)
- Proficiency with Excel in writing formulas, queries, validation …
- Strong writing and communication skills, ability to multitask, fast learner
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
- Previous experience with Kobo is a plus
CONTRACT TYPE: Fixed term
Working Schedule: 5 days per week
PERIOD: 9 months – open for renewal
SALARY SCALE: 500 USD
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, April 25, 2023