Application Submissions Guideline:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to Jobs@amel.org mentioning the position in the subject of your email. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Amel Association International is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Amel has a Zero Tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment: Candidates will not be considered for employment with Amel if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
The GBV Field Coordinator will be working mainly on Amel’s GBV/SRHR projects alongside with other field coordinator under the supervision of the program Coordinator. He/SHE is based in Amel headquarter (Mussaitbeh, Beirut), 5 days per week with frequent field visits to Amel centers.
TASKS AND DUTIES
Task #1/ Planning & Managing
- Follow up Gender Based Violence (GBV) project implementation and ensure that all activities are on track and that challenges are addressed and mitigated or that projects are adjusted and reviewed.
- Coordinate with the M&E officer to create and update the content of the M&E tools for the psychotherapists, caseworkers, social workers activities.
- Strengthen and oversee that staff are properly using monitoring tools to capture overall program progress, based on the programs’ log frame, MEAL framework and indicator tracking card and consistently collecting the data.
- Undertake field visits to provide technical guidance and support and regular monitoring of the progress of the GBV project activities.
- Support with quality assurance, including ensuring that the GBV Project adheres to international standards for GBV programming and service delivery principles and ensure that all interventions are technically sound in meeting the needs of women and girls including GBV survivors and affected communities.
- Assess the needs and priorities of the targeted beneficiaries in coordination with the local staff and with the Medical and the Child protection Coordinators
- Assess needs for supplies and materials to conduct the activities, prepare list of requirements and allocate and arrange space for the different activities.
- Submit the monthly budget request for all the centers based on the activities that will be implemented during this period.
- Ensure, with the support of the Program Coordinator, that all the expense are aligned with the projects main budget
- Support and advice the Heads of centers in the organization of activities for the targeted population of AMEL.
Task #2/ Meetings & Trainings
- Attend and represent AMEL during relevant technical coordination mechanisms including GBV working groups.
- Attend any relevant training and deliver it to the staff.
- Organize daily, weekly, monthly meetings with the staff based on the need.
- Represent AMEL in the coordination meetings with the community leaders and stake holders.
- Attend AMEL weekly meeting to share the program updates, achievements and challenges.
- Develop and maintain a good working relation with the local authorities.
Task #3/ Monitoring & Reporting
- Monitor daily the implementation of the different activities to ensure the achievements of expected results of the activities according to the timeline and the budget established
- Conduct regular field visits to the targeted centers and manage operational issues within these centers.
- Support and advice the center’s staff in their preparation and submission of their weekly sitrep and plan.
- Coach and evaluate the performance of the staff by attending sessions on the field.
- Contribute to the project’s Technical and Financial Reporting by submitting a quarterly narrative report for the GBV/SRH program coordinator.
Task #4/ Supporting the GBV-SRH program
- The Field Coordinator will be working within a group of field coordinators and staff under the GBV-SRH program
- The field Coordinator will support the program within its objectives and goals independent from the described project
- The field Coordinator will contribute to the capacity building of staff in GBV thematic areas such as, but not limited to; GBV basic concepts and PSEA and cross-cutting issues.
- The field Coordinator will provide technical support in mainstreaming GBV across other AMEL sectors.
- Mobilize community support and participation in the various community-based activities;
- Ensure coordination between the centers of AMEL.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- In depth knowledge of GBV programming in the humanitarian context and familiarity with the main GBV tools, including the IASC Guidelines on GBV in Emergency Settings, the Interagency GBV Case Management Resource Package and the guidelines on PSEA.
- Strong background and experience in GBV trainings including review of materials, development of trainings content;
- Strong organizational, management and supervisory experience that demonstrates positive capacity- and team-building approach with excellent reporting & writing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work within multi-cultural environments; ability to work within a team structure or independently, flexible, and can cope with stressful workloads and working with limited resources.
- International experience with humanitarian response and in refugee contexts strongly preferred.
- Proven knowledge and experience in provision of services and support to GBV survivors, women/girl-focused psychosocial support programming, community mobilization/participatory approaches and in mental health gap action programme.
- Expertise in gender, women’s rights and human rights.
- At least 3-5 years practical experience in managing GBV projects at international or national level
- Education degree: Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, Social work, Psychology, Humanitarian Affairs, International Development, or another relevant field. Master’s Degree in Gender Studies, Social Work, or other relevant academic field with extensive experience in GBV programming and management is a plus,
Work Location: BML
Period of employment: 6 month
Deadline: September 14, 2020
Salary Scale: 800$-1000$