SOCIAL WORKER (Natafa3al Program- Omar Al Zaani)
Amel Association International (Amel) is a Lebanese and non-sectarian NGO created in 1979. Amel works through 30 centers, 6 mobile medical units, 2 mobile education units and 1 protection unit, and for 43 years has supported the poorest regions of Lebanon, from Beirut and its South Suburbs to Mount Lebanon, Bekaa and South Lebanon. Amel offers accessible services for all in the following fields: food security, health, education, protection, child protection, gender-based violence, livelihood, promotion and protection of human rights, rural development.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
If you are interested to apply for this position, kindly fill out the job application form: LINK
Please note that only shortlisted candidates who applied through the job application form will be contacted.
- Amel Association International is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Amel has a Zero Tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment: Candidates will not be considered for employment with Amel if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts.
CONTACT PERSON EMAIL
Under Amel’s crisis response program and in coordination with the education program team, the education field coordinator will be responsible of the field implementation of the Nataf3al project in accordance with the project’s proposal, ensuring objectives are met within the required time frame. The Nataf3al project is implemented in consortium with three other partners and aims at ensuring students’ retention in public schools while building a “school community” approach.
The Social Worker will work under the supervision of the EDU Officer and the field Coordinator, in collaboration with the education department Coordinator, Education Specialist, and other relevant colleagues from support and other sectors (Child Protection, Health, etc.). The Social worker will be based in BML and will be in charge of the project implementation in Omar AL Zaani public school.
Responsibility #1: Internal coordination
- Participate in team’s weekly team meetings: share relevant updates, identify linkages with other projects/sectors, contribute actively to the internal coordination;
- Participate in the regular meetings with the Education & Child Protection Department;
- Participate in other required internal meetings;
- Ensure smooth collaboration at the school level with the school’s personnel and other team members.
Responsibility #2: Collaboration, Networking
- Liaise on a daily basis with Schools directors, Communities, education Officer to guarantee the smooth operation of the program;
- Develop AMEL’s network in the area to increase opportunities for external referrals with the support of the Education Officer;
- Assist the Education Officer to create a local mapping of the service providers in the area;
- Ensure smooth referral process with external actors (provision of information, follow up with beneficiaries, etc.).
- Participate in other required meetings.
Responsibility #3: Projects Implementation
- Under the Supervision of the Education Officer, The Social Worker will be implementing the project’s socio-education activities in line with relevant outputs and outcomes inside & outside the school;
- Conduct and deliver the psychosocial activities for children, caregivers and community members inside and outside the public schools (awareness sessions, focus group discussions, info sessions, etc.);
- Assess the needs of the children and adapt the proposed activities based at the school level;
- Follow up attendance of the psychosocial sessions, report absence and propose appropriate measures when needed;
- Establish a simple internal referral form for all team members, clarify the process with all team members;
- Conduct class observation to identify children’s psychosocial needs;
- Arrange social counselling for one-on-one cases with children and/or parents and home visits;
- Organize referral and follow up cases for individual who need additional services;
- Develop and conduct different group counselling session with parents /caregivers;
- Conduct field visit to gain better understanding of the communities’ needs to inform the community referral process;
- With the Education field team conduct participatory needs assessment as needed;
- Ensure that MEHE referral guidelines are being followed inside the public schools;
- Promote social cohesion and peace-building among children and different community members;
- Participate in planning and organizing Community Events;
- Participate in conducting need assessments to identify community led- initiatives.
Responsibility #4 Quality standards
- Schools team level: coordinate with all team members to ensure that the Child Protection & Child Safeguarding Protocol is followed;
- Ensure that recognized international best practices, Amel’s policies as well as methodologies developed by the Consortium are applied in the support provided to the children, the caregivers and the community members;
- Ensure that the field teams have a clear understanding of the different referral pathways as well as the different services provided by Amel and other stakeholders in the area;
- Ensure a strict adherence to the principles of Child Protection at all times, including respect for confidentiality and child centered approach, acts in the best interests of the child.
- Ensure that the Education Assistants have a clear understanding of the different referral pathways as well as the different services provided by Amel and other stakeholders in the area.
Responsibility #5: Monitoring & Evaluation / Reporting
- Participate in submitting other narrative reports such as Focus Group Discussion’s results / community events’ reports.
- Prepare regular reports and update the Education officer & Field Coordinator on activities as requested;
- Provide support in the preparation of the quarterly reports;
- Contribute to the data collection in close collaboration with the Education Officer;
- Submit weekly reports to Education Officer & coordinators;
- Design assessment for evaluating to the project’s impact (ex: wellbeing) in coordination with Child Protection team.
The Social worker may support in additional tasks and carry other responsibilities which are not mentioned above, depending on the needs of the education program.
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL
- University degree in Social Work or related field
- A minimum of 3-years working experience in the Humanitarian Sector, preferably in the social work field
- Strong knowledge on the Lebanese Education system and the Non-Formal Education regulations
- Good knowledge of core principles of Children Rights, Do No Harm, as well as Education in Emergencies minimum standards
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in collaboration with multiple stakeholders and staff members
- Fluent in English and Arabic (oral and written)
- Driving license and preferably own a car
- Experience in data gathering and analyses (Microsoft Office)
- Sharing of key humanitarian values with cross-cultural sensitivity
- Arabic – Fluent
- English – Fluent
- French is an asset
600 to 800 (USD)
Wednesday, 26 July 2023