Social Stability and Conflict Sensitivity Advisor
Amel Association International (Amel) is a Lebanese and non-sectarian NGO created in 1979. Amel works through 32 centers, 6 mobile medical units, 2 mobile education units and 1 protection unit, and for 43 years has supported the poorest regions of Lebanon, from Beirut and its South Suburbs to Mount Lebanon, Bekaa and South Lebanon. Amel offers accessible services for all in the following fields: food security, health, education, protection, child protection, gender-based violence, livelihood, promotion and protection of human rights, rural development.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION GUIDELINE
Please send your CV and Cover Letter mentioning the position in the subject of your email.
- Amel Association International is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
- Amel has a Zero Tolerance policy on sexual exploitation and abuse, and sexual harassment: Candidates will not be considered for employment with Amel if they have committed violations of international human rights law, violations of international humanitarian law, sexual exploitation, sexual abuse, or sexual harassment, or if there are reasonable grounds to believe that they have been involved in the commission of any of these acts
CONTACT PERSON EMAIL
Within the framework of a multi-year project and a consortium with PU AMI and MdM, Amel is seeking an experienced Social Stability Advisor, to train and mentor staff on the integration of social stability and conflict sensitivity within primary health activities for vulnerable populations. The Social Stability and Conflict Sensitivity advisor will be overseeing the implementation of the social stability activities in the project from all angles – context analysis per center, trainings, days of mentoring and monitoring, reporting, capitalization work, etc.
Under Amel’s Health program and in direct coordination with the project coordinator, the Social Stability and Conflict Sensitivity advisor will be responsible for the smooth and timely implementation of:
- Implementation of a context analysis across the PHCCs (2 working days per center).
- Provide a tailored action plan per center (13 PHCCs) to implement a social stability and conflict sensitivity component within daily practices with the support of the field coordinators, and project coordinator’s follow up
- Implement a 3-day training for each center and focal points from Partners
- Mentor and coach PHCC staff to ensure the implementation of best practices
- Ensure proper reporting from the PHCCs regarding social stability activities
Amel, the Social Stability and Conflict Sensitivity Advisor will work in a close team with the Project Coordinator, Medical Coordinator, Health Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Partnership Coordinator, Field Coordinators, field level staff across the 13 project locations, and other staff as relevant.
The Social Stability and Conflict Sensitivity Advisor will be based in Beirut with regular field visits to the project sites in Beirut, Bekaa, South Lebanon, and the North. The project currently covers 13 primary health care facilities including primary health care centres and medical mobile units.
There are various components to the project, including the provision of a quality primary health care package, institutional development activities, community level interventions, mental health and staff care.
- Global oversight to ensure the timely completion of social stability activities and objectives, according to project work plan.
- Conduct a local analysis of the context in each PHCC (2 days work per PHCC). Interviews will be conducted with staff, rights-holders (patients and non-patients) and relevant stakeholders to understand the social stability
- Based on those interviews and on desk research, a capacity building and mentoring plan will be designed for the staff and the rights-holders to improve social stability, through enhanced access to health, in those
- Based on the local context analysis, Social Stability Advisor will initiate a 3 days Training on health and social
- Ensure a one-day mentoring session every month and a half per center with the field coordinator
- Co-facilitate capitalization events on Social Stability activities
- Other tasks as requested by the project coordinator
MONITORING AND EVALUATION/REPORTING
- Complete and submit timely and detailed narrative reports to the partner, as per the agreed schedule;
- Monitor contextual updates
- Conduct the necessary field visits
- Participate in/suggest staff for relevant trainings
- Participate and represent Amel in Workshops/Events on Social stability and Conflict sensitivity
Masters’ degree in a relevant field plus 3 years of experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as trainer/coach in Conflict sensitivity, Social Stability sector
- Proficiency in writing conflict analysis reports that document program directions and results
- Demonstrated experience with health projects
- Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
- Demonstrated analysis and organizational skills
- A strong understanding of Lebanese context and commitment to key conflict sensitivity and social stability principles, standards and instruments, frameworks and codes of conduct
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Willing to adhere to field schedule, great sense of commitment
- Diplomatic and sensitive to cross-cultural issues
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team and to deal with problems and issues both promptly and efficiently
- Strong skills in building training, facilitation coaching, and on the job
- Excellent planning, management and coordination skills, with the ability to organize a demanding workload comprised of diverse and challenging tasks and responsibilities
- Demonstrated knowledge with local and national stakeholders
- Knowledge on the primary health care system in Lebanon
- Experience working with an NGO/with vulnerable populations
- Demonstrable experience of successful training program
Working languages of the project are Arabic and English.
- Arabic – Fluent
- English – Fluent
- French is an asset
15 working days per month for 12 months with the possibility of an extension. Starting date as soon as possible.
Monday 28 November 2022
1200 to 1500 (USD)
N.B. Please ensure you fulfill requirements before applying.